Dr. Susan Carter has been a practicing child psychologist and play therapist for more than 23 years. In 1997, she founded the Center for Change and Growth, PLC and relocated to the Kalamazoo area in 2014. Since the beginning of her work, children and their families have been the focus of her treatment and training. Dr. Carter is committed to providing the most current information, techniques, and interventions for clients, having completed over 800 hours of continuing education in play therapy, evaluation, and other topics related to the mental health of children.
Educational and Professional Background:
- 1976 BA Grand Valley State Colleges – Spanish
- 1994 MA in Counseling Psychology from Western Michigan University
- 1998 PhD in Counseling Psychology from Andrews University
- Specialties in Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- Specialty in Family and Marital Therapy
- 2000 Fully Licensed Psychologist – Michigan